How to setup your Outlook email client (POP3)
To setup your braunton.net email account to work with your email client follow
the instructions below. In this example i have used Outlook Express, however
the settings used are the same for most email clients.
- From the file menu select File > Tools > Accounts
In the pop-up window that appears select Add
- A Wizard will start to guide you through the setup. In the Display name
field enter your full name, then click next.
- Check the I already have an e-mail address that i'd like to use checkbox,
enter your email address in the format email@example.com, then click
- Select POP3 as your incoming server type. Enter braunton.net
as your incoming mailserver (POP3) and as your outgoing (SMTP) server, then
Note: If your ISP will not relay email you may need to site this to the SMTP
mail server address provided by them.
- Enter your account name in the following format anyuser+braunton.net
and enter your password, if you are the only user who accesses the PC you
can check the remember password checkbox, then click next.
- Your new email account should be setup. You can test this by sending an
email to yourself.